Saturday, October 3, 2009

RIP Deer Town

I saw this sweet deer photo on one of my favorite blogger's site and it reminded me of one of my favorite childhood tourist destinations: Deer Town near Park Rapids, MN. Sadly, I just googled it and this is what I found:

Deer Town Description
ATTRACTION IS PERMANENTLY CLOSED.

Deer Town has been designed to look like a frontier village. Wildlife include deer that can be fed by hand and trained bears. The Billy Goat Gruff Bridge, a children's farm, trout pond, museum and playground are other highlights.

I loved going to deer town and feeding dry corn to the deer. Children for generations to come will miss out on this nature experience. Please tell me if you know about anything else similar to this adventure.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...